Open your email program and start a new email message. There are several parts to this exercise.
Part 1. Type the following information in the body of the email message:
Part 2. Choose a Major
1. Choose a major. Which major did you choose from the list?
2. What are some areas in which graduates with this major might work?
3. What are some types of employers for this major? Just list a few examples.
Part 3. Exploring government information about careers
1. Which occupation did you select or what did you type?
2. What did you learn from the Handbook that you didn’t know before?
Go to the box in the next column Exercise (End)
Part 4. Periodical articles about career trends and industry outlook
1. What search words did you type?
Look through several articles. Be sure to read abstracts or article summaries (hover over the magnifying glass icon), rather than simply looking at the article title.
2. Copy the APA citation and paste it in the email message.
3. Scroll down the "Citation Format" list and copy the MLA citation and paste it in the email message.
4. Close the citation window. On the left side of the article record, click on the "HTML Full Text," "PDF Full Text," or "Linked Full Text" icon. Skim through the complete article. List one new item of information or advice you learned from this article.
Part 5. In your message, type your first and last name and "Library Exercise" in the subject line and send this message to email@example.com