Build a search by generating search words
- Build on information from your background reading to come up with a topic.
- Search Topic: Why do people protest against the World Trade Organization.
- Brainstorm a list of words (your search vocabulary). Think about the words you could use in your searches to find more information on your potential topic.
- Search words: World Trade Organization, WTO, protest movements, riots, activists, etc....
Record your process
- Write down you topic, search terms, and/or any questions. This record will help you examine your ideas, help you generate new search words, and serve a reminder of useful searches to use in other sources like Google Scholar.