Updated for 2013: 113th Congress and 83rd Texas Legislative Session
These pages have been updated to reflect the results of the November, 2012, elections.
Finding your representatives
If you need to find out who represents you, check out one or more of these tools:
Communicating with your representatives
Some tips when e-mailing representatives:
- send individual messages; "spamming" makes a bad impression and your message may be ignored
- include your home address, to be sure your representative knows you are from their state or district (this is not always apparent from your email address)
- The University of North Texas Library offers this page of tips: "How to Write a Letter to Your Legislator"
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation has a page of information and tips: "Contacting Congress (and Other US Policy Makers)"
- and the American Library Association's PDF "Library Advocate's Handbook" includes a section on "Dealing with Legislators"
Some general information on keeping tabs on government can be found at this Citizen Journalist's Guide to Open Government.