Sr. Grace Walle, F.M.I., Th.D., provides a brief history about the Alice Wright Franzke Non-Traditional Student Scholarship.
The Alice Wright Franzke Non-Traditional Student Scholarship, awarded to one or more non-traditional students, commemorates the life and works of Alice Franzke, Ph.D., a professor in the Sociology Department at St. Mary’s University from 1982 until 1989. Dr. Franzke was an inspirational model of feminist activism and civic engagement who embodied a commitment to justice and peace.
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must demonstrate some involvement in one of the following: St. Mary’s University community, church or civic organizations
- Must be currently enrolled for at least 9 semester hours
- A GPA of 3.0 for priority consideration
- One (1) recommendation from a faculty member
The Office of Financial Assistance reserves the right to award students based on various criteria including, but not limited to, academic excellence, financial need, etc. If you have any questions about this award or the selection process, please contact the Office of Financial Assistance at (210) 436-3141 or at email@example.com.
2021 Alice Franzke Non-Traditional Student Scholarship Awards: Nicole Bongiorno and Katherine L. Muniz
Previous Alice Franzke Non-Traditional Student Scholarship Recipients:
2020: Roberson Maria Lubin, Jessica Marquez-Munos, and Luisa Arumi Ortiz
2019: Ian Bryan and Luisa Ortiz
2018: Amanda Rodriguez and Alex Valdez
2017: Juana "Janie" Contreras and Christina Lopez
2016: Kathy Samms