The University Archives is the memory center for St. Mary's University's history. The Archives comprises approximately 400 linear feet of records documenting the history and activities of St. Mary's University since its separation from the Marianist diocese in 1957. These items collectively tell the story of St. Mary's University's past in order to help inform its present and future.
The University Archives includes minutes, correspondence, reports, publications and printed materials in the records of various administrative offices such as the President’s Office, the Vice Presidents' Offices, the Office of Public Relations, the College Council, the Student Council, the Office of Institutional Research. Also included are reports, publications and minutes of faculty bodies such as the Faculty Senate; files of various academic departments and offices and student groups. Included in the Archives are also publications such as newspapers, yearbooks, newsletters, brochures, bulletins and the Pecan Grove Press. Other materials available are audiotapes, videotapes, photographs, and architectural plans.
Ongoing effort is being made to inventory and create finding aids for these items.